Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHOA!



[TroyMartin] my plan is as follows: rewrite part of the FAT12 code for 1.2, then write a nice little FS in 1.3
<pc[work]> ah nice
[TroyMartin] I was also thinking of having the special FS be the main TBOS filesystem, just using FAT12 as a "container" of sorts
[TroyMartin] FAT12 doesn't really do much justice :D



A little snippet from a discussion in #pedigree on freenode. In all honesty, I don't like Microsloth's FATty file system, and I originally intended to use something completely different, but FAT stuck with the history of TBOS.

Whatever the TBOS filesystem will be called (the codename is Firey Anvil), I plan to use FAT12 as a container for either Firey Anvil files or the filesystem itself. I'll be uploading spec sheets as I write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment