Sunday, March 15, 2009

TBOS32 - Always a Constant PITA.

Whooo. I'm about to pull my freaking hair out of my head. Just as I find a way of doing something more efficiently, the timer interrupt dies. It doesn't fire off at 18.2 Hz like it should (and like it was before the little efficiency explosion...) I'm completely stumped. I think I'll SVN the latest code as soon as I get a working copy on my box set up.

In other news, I'm starting to like protected mode. I had thought of enabling A20 in TBOS, but then I'd lose 186 compatibility. The 32-bit registers are the biggest bonus in my eyes, but accessing > 1 MB of memory is pretty nice too. Maybe I'll write a C library once a floppy driver, FAT12 reading, and ELF parsing is done.

EDIT: I uploaded the latest (read: broken) code to the SVN repo (anonymous checkout is at http://tbos32.googlecode.com for those interested!)

No comments:

Post a Comment